Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Seriously - has it been that long?

So - I am at my knitting group today (it has been weeks since I have been able to join them) and my dear friend Susan mentions the blog, and that I haven't posted anything in weeks.   Seriously, has it really been that long?

I hate it when people apologize for a delay in podcasting or blogging or whatever, because we all have busy lives and you have to make time for the important things in life - but you know - the holidays, family, baking, knitting, working - I have all of the same tired, old excuses.  Sorry for the absence - but I'm BACK!

A few weeks ago, I showed the ear flap hats that I had been working on - and now here are my two incredibly handsome nephews modeling the finished products!  I enjoyed making them for Gary and Cody - and I hope they rock on the ski slopes!

Now that all of my gift knitting is done - I'm kind of at a loss of what to knit next.   I'm not saying I don't have several WIPs, or that I don't have about a ton of yarn calling me - but just nothing pressing to do.   I started a pair of socks to fill the void, until I am ready to tackle a new project.   I am using Three Irish Girls, Octopus Garden yarn, custom dyed for A Good Yarn in Sarasota.  I love love love the colorway and it feels good to be knitting socks.

Since I have been back in MI for 6 weeks of cold weather, I pulled out my stash of hand knit socks and started wearing them daily.  What I discovered is that many were made 7 or 8 years ago, and that after a few 10 hour days of standing on my feet in the pharmacy, I developed holes in several pairs.  I know that they served me well and that I have worn them a lot, but it is kind of like saying good bye to an old friend.   The holes are too far gone for darning, and I know I need to toss them...but for now, I washed them again and put them back in the drawer. 

What do you do when your hand knit socks get a hole?

No comments: