Saturday, March 19, 2011

Doing it in the round

Great friends, sunny Florida weather, beach walks, lots of laughs and knitting? Yup, that's what I have been doing these past few days. What fun.
Two girlfriends from MI spent a few relaxing, laid back days with us, and they soaked up the sun and surf.

Both of my friends are knitters, although I have had trouble moving them up to the next "skill level".
So we were "doing it in the round" this week. I got out my 32" circular needles and they learned the magic loop.

My friend Jeri looks comfortable learning the technique, no?  Her first project in the round was a bottle cozy for a co-worker.  She finished it before she left - all I need is a pic of the bottle and cozy (hint, hint to Jeri) !

Carole started a short sock for her Mom - she got the leg done while she was here, but she may need my help for the heel flap - I'll be home in 6 weeks - so she may have to call in some reinforcements in the meantime.

I finished the Seyfarth shawl, (the one with the steek).  Had to use duplicate stitch to create the flower centers and the stems, then fold over the edge facing and sew it down.   All it needs is blocking - then I will show it off.

Am also working on Lil'Leggins for a photographer.  She wants to use them as "props" for when she photos little girls, and we are doing a swap - I give her the leg warmers, and I get some professional photos of my item.  I think it sounds fair - so I've got to get those little devils done.

Our daughter Pam is here for a few quick days.  She is a busy working mom, and we are delighted that she could escape her family to spend a few days with us.  Many, many, thanks to her mom and husband - who are trying to fill her shoes.

Here is your moment of zen - the closing of another day in paradise!



 

No comments: