Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year friends!

I hope you had a great holiday season, enjoying your family and friends. And here we are, in a new year. So what does that mean to you?

I do a bit of reflecting back on the year, it helps me to recap it and close it out. I'm not a girl with many regrets and maybe it is because I try to bring closure to events in life.

2011 was a great year for me - The highlights were:

1) Oldest son graduated from college and got a job in his field. It was one of my proudest moments as a mom.



.
2) Getting our "housing" situated for retirement. We sold our home in Kalamazoo and our villa in Florida, buying our dream condo on the gulf. The fortunate 'side effect' of this was forcing Youngest Son into his own apartment, which has been a great move for him - here's to independence!








.3) We closed out the year with a new member in our family. Two years ago we lost our 12 yr old Norfolk Terrier, Gizmo, and we missed him yet embraced our new freedom. We decided it was time to get a new dog, so on 12/23, we added Jackson to the family. He is a Yorkie, and is 8 weeks old. Yes, we will spend our winter house training a puppy!

.



4) Our trip to Cambodia and Vietnam was a trip of a lifetime. We learned so much about their region, history and rich culture. I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to explore the world.


The Low-point of 2011 was saying goodbye to TanMan's mom. She was a fun lady and I think of her often.

Then there were the transitions. I sold KalamazooKnits to Kelly J, and it was a huge change for me. Letting go of the business I developed over the past 5 years was hard, but the right thing for me. Kelly has the creativity and energy to take the business to the next level, and I can't wait to see what she does with it.

I struggle to fill the gap, and honestly, I'm still not sure what is next.

I have decided to make the following goals for 2012!
(Yikes, it is hard to put these in black and white for all to see.)

1) Get Moving. My friends brought my MI bike down for me, so now I can ride in style.
TanMan said he will consider doing Zumba with me, so that would be good.






2) Eat healthier. Enough said!!




3) Continue my blog. I debated about stopping it, but many of you still read it, and I enjoy writing. Nothing like 'forced reflection' to bring clarity. I would like to expand my following, but not sure how to do it, now that I don't have the business.
Today I am using a new app on the iPad, hoping it makes it easier to blog!

4) Learn to quilt. I am a pretty good at sewing, but don't know true quilting techniques. I signed up for a quilt block of the month on Craftsy to motivate me along.

5) Knit the new year. Did you think I would leave it out? Heck no. I am excited to see what new yarns and trends arrive in 2012. I have a Chrystel Seyfarth kit that is first on my list of projects for the new year.

How about you? What are your knitting plans for 2012?

No comments: