Happy February! Are you wondering where January went, like I am?
I finished two "test panels" for my new design, Tamiami Wrap, in Kauni Effectgarn. I dropped the panels in the mail today, so Dawn, who distributes the yarn in the US, can choose a solid color of Kauni to coordinate. They are panels of mitered squares, that show off the color changes of the yarn. More on the design in a future post!
So now there are two projects that I am actively working on:
Crystal Seyfarth Malthese shawl - lots of time spent on this, I love the multiple balls of yarn made into magic balls. I am using the Knit Companion app on the IPad to work the charts. This app is the absolute best!!
Then there is the Bee Keepers Quilt. I got 19 new balls of yarn for my Etsy store, so my goal was to knit a hexipuff in each color, for the photos. I really enjoyed working on all the new colors and the photos look great. When I finished the photos, I dropped them in the large glass vase that I am keeping them in. Then I got stung...well not actually stung...but I noticed the puffs that I just finished were a bit smaller than all the rest.
So what was the deal??? Somewhere along the way, I must have started using the wrong needles?
Quick check, yes, I should be using size 4's, and inside my hexipuff bag I found size 2's. Doh!
I'm bummed - and right now, I don't have the courage to see how many I knit using the wrong needles. Then I will have to decide if I can use them like they are...assuming I ever finish this project...
Gauge can be an evil b__ch.
Tomorrow I am headed to A Good Yarn to teach another session on Ravelry. Last week there were three students and I think they learned a lot. I don't actually know if anyone has enrolled in tomorrow's class, I guess I will be surprised when I get there... I see a yarn purchase in my future too - I want to knit a baby blanket, so I need a nice, soft, machine washable, non-itch yarn - hopefully a cotton blend.
Hope your knitting projects are going well - and no needle mix-ups happen to you!