Thursday, November 25, 2010

Black Friday???

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving,spending time with your loved ones. We all need a day to slow down, and be thankful for all that we have. Sometimes I get a little melancholy remembering holidays from the past, but I try to stay in the present and appreciate the family members I can spend the day with.

But what about the big shopping day tomorrow! This is where the knitting obsessed can show their true colors! Yes, I am getting up early to go shopping, but guess where I'm going? Am I headed to Best Buy? maybe Target? Not on your life!

I am meeting the girls at 7:30 a.m. to look for some great buys at my local yarn shop. Yes, we will be hitting Your Local Yarn Shop in Battle Creek, MI for their Black Friday festivities. Good sales, good friends, lots of knitting, maybe we'll even stay until it is time to go out for lunch! Life is good.

I think it is time to pick up the needles. I am doing a second knitting of the pattern I designed for A Good Yarn in Sarasots, FL. I am using Dream in Color lace yarn (can't remember what it is called right now) I like to work through a new design a couple of times myself, in addition to having it test knit! This time it works out great, because I plan to give the shawl for a Christmas gift to my MIL.

Hope you find your kind of bargain tomorrow!

No comments: