Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pack up the Yarn

It is time to pack up my yarn and head north for the holidays!

We flew down to Florida about a month ago, and my biggest concern was what yarn to bring, what needles, patterns ... you get it, don't you? It is never about the clothes or shoes - just the knitting. Since we will be back after the first of the year, I am going to keep some needles and yarn down here (gasp, what if I NEED them???), to cut down on what I am hauling back and forth.

It all sounds so simple, and is kind of embarassing to admit - but I hate to be parted from my knitting "stash". I love to look at it, feel the yarn and plan my next project.   I know when I get back to Michigan, life will be hectic, between the holidays, family, friends and work...but there will always be time to knit!  

So this is what I am leaving here:
- a full set of Knit Picks options - the nickel ones  (I LOVE them)
- a few pair of Knit Picks small size circs - 2's, 3's, etc.
- Hand Maiden Sea Silk - enough for a shawl - but a summer shawl, so probably won't be knitting it up north
- Jitterbug sock yarn (for Ann Zilboorg's Magnificent Mittens & Socks) - this will take "thinking" to get this project started, so probably won't happen in December
- Brookes Farm silk yarn - for another shawl
- Kauni Effectyarn - I have enough of this to have some both places!
- random balls of sock yarn, Noro sock, Cascade superwash worsted.

Then there is one of my huge WIPs (work in progress)- a Krystel Seyfarth Masai shawl.  I am about 3/4 of the way done with this beast, but haven't worked on it in months.   I need to follow a chart for this one , so I will wait to do it in January down here is Florida.

Deep breath, Deep breath.  Okay, I can leave all of this here and we will be reunited before I know it!  After all, I have much more yarn waiting for me when I get home. 

Don't forget to leave a comment on the blog for the pattern giveaway.   I will be travelling tomorrow, but will announce the winners once I get settled in Michigan.   

1 comment:

PaulaB said...

Florida, A Good Yarn, & I miss you! Hurry back! Thank you again for helping me finish my flip flop. Am already 1/2 way through with the 2nd one. I forgot to ask if I soak it in hot, warm, or tepid water. Happy Holidays to you & your family. By the way, it will be 80 here today. See you soon! Paula