It is time to pack up my yarn and head north for the holidays!
We flew down to Florida about a month ago, and my biggest concern was what yarn to bring, what needles, patterns ... you get it, don't you? It is never about the clothes or shoes - just the knitting. Since we will be back after the first of the year, I am going to keep some needles and yarn down here (gasp, what if I NEED them???), to cut down on what I am hauling back and forth.
It all sounds so simple, and is kind of embarassing to admit - but I hate to be parted from my knitting "stash". I love to look at it, feel the yarn and plan my next project. I know when I get back to Michigan, life will be hectic, between the holidays, family, friends and work...but there will always be time to knit!
So this is what I am leaving here:
- a full set of Knit Picks options - the nickel ones (I LOVE them)
- a few pair of Knit Picks small size circs - 2's, 3's, etc.
- Hand Maiden Sea Silk - enough for a shawl - but a summer shawl, so probably won't be knitting it up north
- Jitterbug sock yarn (for Ann Zilboorg's Magnificent Mittens & Socks) - this will take "thinking" to get this project started, so probably won't happen in December
- Brookes Farm silk yarn - for another shawl
- Kauni Effectyarn - I have enough of this to have some both places!
- random balls of sock yarn, Noro sock, Cascade superwash worsted.
Then there is one of my huge WIPs (work in progress)- a Krystel Seyfarth Masai shawl. I am about 3/4 of the way done with this beast, but haven't worked on it in months. I need to follow a chart for this one , so I will wait to do it in January down here is Florida.
Deep breath, Deep breath. Okay, I can leave all of this here and we will be reunited before I know it! After all, I have much more yarn waiting for me when I get home.
Don't forget to leave a comment on the blog for the pattern giveaway. I will be travelling tomorrow, but will announce the winners once I get settled in Michigan.