Friday, May 6, 2011

Letting go

I'm back in Michigan and running 100 mph.  

Started working my part-time job as a pharmacist for a few days this week - and after three 9 and 10 hours days on my feet, there isn't anything left in me to write - or knit - or do much of anything. 

However - I'm off for a week now - to help my oldest son transition to his adult life. 

On Saturday he graduates from college - and two weeks later - will start his first full-time professional job.  Hooray!     We are headed up to Ferris State University - my Alma mater - later today, to spend the night - and then celebrate his graduation on Saturday morning.   Oldest son has come a long way - through many dark and scary times - and we are so proud of him. 

If you happen to be at Charley's Crab in Grand Rapids, MI, this Saturday night, and see a woman surrounded by four wonderful men (okay, one is only 4 years old) - it is ME.  What a great way to celebrate my role as a mother.

This means in the next two weeks we need to help him find an apartment near Detroit and get him moved.   Monday we will be apartment hunting, and we will see what happens from there. 

He is so ready to enter this next stage of his life - and we are happy to be a part of it.  Pictures to follow next week, okay?

I can't have a blog post without a photo - here is my grandson's favorite sweatshirt!  Cute logo, huh?

1 comment:

billicummings said...

Hi Diane,
I graduated from Ferris in 1977. I got an Associate in Science for Health Information. I've been reading your blog and thought it was a coincidence that you went to Ferris also. I love yarn and will one day stop in your knit shop. I live south of Detroit. Hope your son has success finding a home and in his new job.