Monday, April 25, 2011

What a Difference a Day Makes

I'm back in Florida for a few days, and it is truly amazing what a difference a day makes. 

It was cold and rainy in MI on Sunday morning, by Sunday afternoon, it is sunny and warm in Florida. 

My excuse for coming down was to finish some dental work - which I finished up this morning.  As luck would have it, I couldn't get a cheap flight back home sooner than Thursday (really...I mean it) , so I am forced to be here for a few more days.   

It feels good to be back in the sun and the surf.  This is a pic from my walk this morning.  The water level was much lower and I was able to walk further north on the beach than I could all winter. 

I took my first swim in the gulf for the year too.  The water was 82degrees and so inviting - so I took the plunge.   Next time I'm bringing my floating chair so I can kick back and relax in the waves!


Writing about my knitting funk pushed me into finally starting a new project - so here it is:

Pattern: Juneberry Triangle by Jared Flood
Yarn: Louisa Harding, Aimee - a blend of 90/10 cotton/cashmere

It is a well written pattern, and I love knitting it almost as much as working his Girasole shawl pattern




I brought Tan Man's felted clogs with me to Florida. I have a top loader here and it is so much easier to felt.  Here is the before picture - they have to felt a bit, don't they??

After - I think I felted them enough.  I used one of his flip-flops to help me felt to size.


 Enough talk, time to get back to the sun!

No comments: