Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I think the word is "Lazy"

I haven't posted in a few days, because I have been so lazy and there isn't much to say!

Michigan weather is notorious for being fickle, it can change dramatically in a few hours. But when it is good, it is perfect. That would describe the weather over the past week. We had a picture perfect summer weekend, so on Friday we spent time on our friends boat out on Lake Michigan. TanMan is looking happy isn't he?



The rest of the weekend we were on the beach, enjoying the company of our friends and neighbors. I knit while on the beach on Sunday, but dropped some stitches and couldn't pick them up neatly, so had to rip back and start it again. I am on a boring part of my new design, so I am having trouble staying the course.

Finally blocked Bermuda. Isn't is pretty?



Have also worked some more on the Bistro Lace Shawl. I am using my Chica pattern holder. It takes a standard size paper and then it folds around into thirds. I like using it, and when I'm done, it unsnaps and folds flat.





I am working on my eighth flower for the shawl. I need a total of 30, so I have a way to go. I am enjoying the project, so that is good.



TanMan and I have started watching the TV show " Brothers and Sisters" on Netflix and that is when I knit the flowers. I will probably think of that tv show every time I wear the shawl. Do you find yourself connecting your finished project with what you were doing when knitting it or what was going on with your life at the time?

Years ago I when I did counted cross stitch, I did a project that had a design for every month of the year. Then I displayed each month's motif framed and on a little easel. I will never forget working on the design for March, it was a lion and a lamb, and I completed that design in the hospital at TanMan's bedside while he recovered from having angioplasty. They will be linked forever in my memory.

Wow- I am overwhelmed by how many readers have downloaded the Summer Scarf pattern. I hope you are enjoying the pattern! I would love to post your pictures of the scarf. You can send them to me at kalamazooknits@gmail.com, then I will share them on the blog.

If you don't love what you are knitting, it is time to put it down and start a new project. Life is short and you should love what you knit!

No comments: