Monday, July 25, 2011

Sunday, Sunday

I am hiding in my condo for the rest of the day! It is another humid and warm summer late afternoon, and I just need my space.

We live in a community of 44 condo on Lake Michigan, and many of our co-owners choose to rent their condos by the week during prime season. This means that each Saturday, a new crowd of eager families arrive, excited for their summer vacation. They start out a little crazy, moving from the pool and the beach with an intensity that wears me out. By mid-week, they have worn themselves out, and the screaming and running abates. But for now, I am taking a time-out from the crowds, and seeking peace and quiet behind closed doors.

I have been meaning to tell you about the Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles that I bought at TNNA. I needed an extra set of size 4 needles for the baby sweater I am working on, and I decided to give them a try.

They are available in metal or bamboo, and with small or large sized needles. I have the small size metal set with sizes 2 - 8. The set includes four cables, 16", 24", 32" and 40". The fixed needle is a little shorter than my trusty Knit Picks needles, and they feel lighter in weight. The cables are super thin and very flexible. I love the way the entire set is contained in a cute case.

The unique features of the needles are:
- includes smaller sized US 2 and 3, not usually available in interchangeable sets



- includes. 16" cable, not usually available



- all contained in a very classy, small case.



I am surprised to say that I love these needles. The join between the needle and cable is smooth and they work like a dream. I wish I had bought the larger size set at TNNA!

If you are in the market for an extra set of needles, I would highly recommend these!

Coming up next - another free pattern!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane!
How are the points on the Hiya needles?

Susan