Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday Update

Wow, where did this week go? 

I spent a few days hanging with some girlfriends - we have been getting together once a year for maybe 8 years or so.  I have missed the last couple of years, so it was good to be with them again. 

I did get some knitting done. 

The Christmas gift in the lovely cream Berroco Vintage yarn is done.  Nice pattern, nice finished project. I will tell you all about it after the holiday. 

Next up for gift knitting is another project using Vintage in grey.  It will have to wait until I am back in MI where I can get the needles that I need!

Spring Fling socks are also done, in A Good Yarn's custom color way, Gil's Night Out.  Just in time for a cold snap here in Florida, and I am wearing them right now.

I am working like crazy on a linen skirt.  It is  a pattern from Knitty.com, called Hip in Hemp.  I am doing it in Louet's Euroflax , Champagne shade.  I am knitting it on size 5 needles, and the only pair I can find is the Zephyr acrylic Knit Picks.   Linen is hard enough to knit on, and I really need a set of the nickel plated needle tips.  I will be back in MI in a week, so I can get them then   (my main problem with living in two places - I don't always have the right equipment when and where I need it!)


While I was gone, TanMan painted the living room (we had picked out the color together!!). It looks lovely.  I guess I wasn't meant for plain white walls.  Lots of the decorating magazines say to use white and then get color from everything else, but it just seems too institutional and cold for me.  Luckily, TanMan is a great painter, and willing to take on the task.

My other task is to wind off mini-skeins of Koigu for my Etsy store.  I have 31 new colors, so I will be spending some quality time with my ball winder, swift and skein winder!

Tomorrow I am going to A Good Yarn's second anniversary celebration.  It is an incredible shop, with a group of "regulars" that make me feel right at home.  I am looking forward to the party (and maybe I will win one of their fabulous door prizes.). Wish me luck!

No comments: