Saturday, November 5, 2011

WIPs

It has been a while since I updated you on my knitting, so here is the rundown...

BeeKeeper's Quilt.
I have stopped all production on the Hexipuffs.  I still love them, but I need to work on holiday gifts. I continue to sell the mini-skeins at my Etsy shop, Mermaid Knitting.  I have 31 colors of Koigu headed my way, so I will need to spend some quality time with my winder and swift to create the 25 yard minis.

Featherlight Cardigan
This is definitely in hibernation.  Haven't worked on it since we arrived in Florida. 


Spring Fling
One sock done, another about 1/4 of the way done.  Looks like another hibernating...but I am spending a few days with girlfriends this weekend - am taking this project and might just finish them!!

 
Holiday Gift #1
Actually isn't a WIP - but a finished project.  Can't show a picture or give much detail, in case the recipient reads this post.   They are socks - very large socks - for a large man's foot - and best of all - they are DONE.

I used to love knitting socks, but not so much anymore. 

Sea Turtles
Okay, these have no real value, other than I thought they looked cute.  I am intrigued by the sea turtles, since the whole nesting process is such a big deal on the island.  This is my first crochet project since the Angry Birds craze.   Did you notice you can buy Angry Birds plush animals all over now??



This reminds me of my anatomy lab - although we only dissected frogs and cats (that I can remember..)


I bought the eyes from an Etsy shop, 6060.  The sent them out right away and work great.  She carries all kinds of eyes and other facial parts.  Great prices, great service.  They really add a lot to the look of the turtle, don't you think??

Finished (but still needs blocking)
Taygete, using Schaeffer, Anne.  


Next Project- Holiday Gift # 2
SHHH, this is another secret.


Then there is One MORE project that I am starting..  It is a skirt using Louet Euroflax linen, that several knitters are doing at the yarn shop.   I resisted buying the yarn last week, but broke down and bought it this week.  I had to do a second gauge swatch- they had to be washed and dried, so it was a pain.  I usually always get gauge, but based on my swatches, I need to go up a needle size. 

What are you working on?
Have you started your gift knitting yet?

I will be spending a few days with some girlfriends up in Hudson, FL.  This is the group of friends known as the "flamingos", and I haven't flocked with them for a few years.  I am looking forward to some quality girl time. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments: