Sunday, March 4, 2012

Family

I didn't mean for so much time to pass, but we had company for a few days and I was playing hostess with the most-est with my sister and brother-in-law. They visited us 2 years ago at our old place, but this was their first time at our beach condo.


I hope they had a good time, I was happy to see my sister. They live in NJ, so we don't connect often, and she is my only sibling. Ever since my Mom passed away almost 6 years ago, and my sister relocated from the Chicago area to NJ, we just don't see each other as often as we should.


We are as different as night and day, but those family bonds are strong!





I didn't knit much while she was here, but it doesn't mean I wasn't thinking about it! And reading about it!! Have you seen the Spring/Summer 2012 Vogue Knitting? I think it is a great issue. Fell in love with these projects:


#2 Oversized top



#3 Cardi Wrap



#24 Hooded Cardigan





Then there is my on-going obsession with knit skirts.  In the past issue of Vogue, there is a great zigzag skirt. 



I have a bunch of Rowan Summer Tweed in different colors (i bought it for a Kaffe Fasset sweater several years ago!!) and I want to make this skirt. However, I want to knit it for the top down AND in the round, so it is practically re-writing the pattern. I have the waistband done, but I'm concerned about how to make my increases. Not sure if I should continue this or move on.




So what is a girl to knit??


I've clearly lost my knitting mojo and I need some inspiration.  Maybe it is time to start another project??

No comments: