Saturday, January 15, 2011

Are you watching football? Me? I'm doing web design...

A major football game is on tonight, Oldest Son is a huge Packer fan, so I know what he is doing right now.  Hubby is watching it too and I am getting my geek on.  

For some crazy reason, I started doing the KalamazooKnits website myself, and although I know just enough to be dangerous, I am still doing it on my own.  It is probably time for me step up my game in this area and get some professional help...but...I just finished giving it a facelift, so it is probably ok for now??  

I have used the website as a display of the patterns I sell, for shops to look at and decide what to order.  In looking at some other indie designer sites, I have noticed that many also do retail sales on the same site - and I am not sure if I should follow along or not.  I do sell my patterns on-line in my Etsy store and on Ravelry, but I have been getting frequent emails from knitters on my website wondering how to buy the patterns.    I hate to be disloyal to the many wonderful knitting shops that sell my patterns, but this seems to be the direction knitting patterns sales are going - some of both.   What is a girl to do?

So go take a look at my updated website and let me know what you think.  I love hearing from you, so feel free to comment on the blog or email me from my website.

I can't do a blog post without a picture of some knitting.  Below is my oldest grand daughter Anna's favorite doll.  I knit her an outfit for Christmas and here she is modeling the gifts.  

It brings back memories for me of my Barbie doll and all of the outfits that my Mom sewed and my neighbor Pat, knit for Barbie.  Luckily for me, Pat taught me to knit (and crochet, embroider, sew, make potholders and on and on), so I think of her often when I reflect on how much I love to knit and the great gift she gave me.


Okay, time to settle down with a cup of tea, my knitting, and see how the Packers are doing!

No comments: