Sunday, January 30, 2011

Simple Pleasures

My Simple Pleasures

1. Not waking up to an alarm -
I am not sure I will ever take for granted the joy of waking up in a slow, quiet way. This morning I laid in bed listening to the waves, saw the sun peeking through the blinds - oh my gosh - this is so much better than jumping out of bed at 5:45 am, like I did for over 20 years.

2. Three cups of coffee-
Not coffee sipped while doing my hair or putting on makeup, or in a travel mug in the car - but real coffee in my "World's Best Maga" mug, sitting on the sofa, reading the paper and looking out over the gulf. (my grandson Mason has been calling me Maga for several years, not really sure how he came up with that name, but I love it).

3. Time to knit-
Quality time with a challenging knitting project, getting lost in detailed color work or a lace chart. It is my form of meditation.

4. Sunset -
A picture is worth a thousand words.

1 comment: