Friday, February 25, 2011

A New Pattern - Available for a Limited Time Only

I know I have talked about doing some design work for my favorite Florida yarn store, A Good Yarn, in Sarasota Florida.  I am so excited to show you the latest design that I just finished for them.  

It will be sold exclusively by the shop, so it will not be part of the KalamazooKnits collection.  However, I am so excited to tell you that I have permission to sell the pattern on my blog, for blog readers only, for a limited time, before it is available at A Good Yarn.

I am calling it Spring Lace Sock - but I don't know what the clever ladies at A Good Yarn will name it. 

It has a unique construction where the back of the sock and the heel is knit flat, then worked in the round for the foot.   The lace pattern is only knit on the top needle, when you are working in the round.  It takes about 200 yards of fingering weight yarn - and it is oh, so, sweet.

I wear them around the condo here in Florida, to keep my feet warm in the morning and evening.  They look great worn with Birkenstock sandals too.  

I'm not sure how long I will have it for sale on my blog - but I am thinking about a week or so.  So if you are interested in knitting this little gem, buy it now, because it is the only time I am allowed to sell the pattern.

Let me know what you think of this feminine little knit!

No comments: