Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Special Day

Today is a special day for me.  It is the birthday for both of my sons, one is age 23 and the other is age 27.   Totally unplanned, natural childbirths - just very special that they occurred on the same day!  They are both in Michigan, going to college, so I can't see them on this special day - but they did each receive a voice mail with me singing the Happy Birthday song (in my very off-tune voice).

Happy Birthday to my wonderful sons!

My Magic Loop class went great on Monday.  There were five VERY SMART students, and I think they all learned the technique.  I enjoyed teaching the classs too - makes me contemplate teaching another class in the future.

While I was at the shop, I looked for yarn for (another) shawl.   This is what I found - a cotton/cashmere blend - that will show off the knit details of this Jared Flood pattern.  I am excited to start it, but am trying to finish up a few projects first.



I will be heading to A Good Yarn in a little bit, for their Knitting Therapy.  It is really an evening session, but I like to get their mid afternoon for some shopping time, when it is a little quieter, before the evening crowd arrives.  It is quite the event, and I look forward to going every week.

Today I am also bringing some stitch marker sets, that we have custom made for the shop.  One is in teals, the shop "color" and the other set coordinates with one of their custom yarn colorways, Octopus Garden.  I hope Susan likes them.

No comments: