Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm back

I have recovered from the repositioning - and am happily settled in MI.

I finished the Spring Fling road trip socks. They are lovely - what do you think? Love the color, don't they look different from the ones done in Noro Silk Garden sock, as shown on the pattern? Amazing what a change in yarn can do for the look and feel of the same pattern. I want to do them in Noro Taiyo sock yarn next - I love that yarn and haven't used it yet.

The Studio June Eight Bells sock yarn that I used for the road trip socks, has enough yarn for TWO pairs of socks in the skein. So,I started another pair just to make good use of the yarn. Maybe I will share them with a shop or two for use as shop models, or use them as a gift for a friend??



I am also working on a new design, no picture yet, but maybe a peek in a few days. Honestly, at this point, I'm not sure it will work yet! I've done a swatch, worked up the math for the pattern, and knit up the first version. I have reworked the math for the second version and started knitting version two. I will keep you posted on it!

It is time for me to start a project to knit for myself. I am going to knit the Mermaid's Fan, a shawlette pattern that I designed for A Good Yarn. I love the design and after spending hours designing and knitting up samples, I think I deserve one for myself. The chosen yarn is HandMaiden Sea Silk sock, "imported" from Toronto by a knitting friend. She picked out a nice color, didn't she?



I haven't gotten very far. Here it is hanging out with a latte and my summer Vera Bradley tote. Guess I had better pick up my needles and cast on!

I hope you are knitting something for yourself too! Sometimes we spend all of our time knitting for others and we forget about ourselves.



1 comment:

Cakewalk Yarns said...

they look nice with that tan!

BTW - I love the bag in the background! Is it a knitting bag or a regular purse?