Monday, April 18, 2011

Little Knits

It is snowing today and I am asking myself, "what am I doing here??"
I guess it makes for a good day to knit, but then again, every day is a good day to knit!!

My granddaughter Anna turns 6 tomorrow, so I decided to make some clothes for her American Girl doll. New additions to her wardrobe are:

A summer dress


Poncho


Sweater



Wishing Anna a very happy birthday, and I hope she loves the doll clothes that Grandma Diane knit for her.

We have been decorating our living room at the Lake Michigan condo, and I am at the final stage, where it just needs a few finishing touches. I want to add a few pops of red, so what better way than a Mug Mat aka coaster.



Doesn't my "World's Best Maga" mug look perfect on the coaster?
I used the mitered square technique and varying widths of stripes in two colors of red. The yarn is Knit Picks Shine Worsted, which has a nice polished look.


It was a fun, quick knit - so I think I will make a few more and watch it snow.









No comments: