Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Knitting Breakdown

I guess I must be having a knitting breakdown.

I keep knitting the same thing over and over, and I think it might mean I am having a knitting breakdown. Kind of like a nervous breakdown, but it is a disease that only fellow knitters will understand.

Spring Fling is my latest pattern, so I have knit a few pairs to finalize the pattern. Then I knit a few singles for shop models. Then those singles became pairs. Then I found a few more yarns in my stash that might work for the pattern too and...OMG...it is a obsessive-compulsive knit-mare.



Over the last few days, this is what I have done to bring about a cure.

In an effort to get my knitting groove back, I pulled out some yarn I have for new projects. Maybe I should start one of these projects??




It hasn't happened yet.



Then I went through some of my stash, tossed out some partial balls, listed some for sale on Etsy, stacked it up nicely in a few totes.


(and NO, that isn't all of my stash, just the "overflow")

Then I tried a third approach to a new design. That isn't looking very promising either.



So I started the match for my Spring Fling in Kauni Effectgarn.



Tomorrow I am heading to my favorite MI local yarn store, Your Local Yarn Shop in Battle Creek. Maybe I will get some inspiration to knit more than these crazy socks...












No comments: